At Argyle Urgent Care we provide important urinalysis diagnostic testing. Urinalysis, or urine screening tests, are an important part of patient care and play a large role in the proper diagnosis of a number of health conditions. Our skilled, board-certified medical team and our state-of-the-art onsite laboratory set our diagnostic skills apart from other urgent care facilities and assist us in providing comprehensive treatment.
Our laboratory will be assessing the following items during a urine analysis:
- Red or white blood cells
- Our technicians will do a microscopic analysis of your urine sample to check for the presence of blood cells. If they are found, this could indicate a number of abnormalities.
- pH balance
- If your urine is more acidic or alkaline than is typical, it can imply a variety of conditions and should be monitored.
- Protein levels
- If protein is present in the urine, it can point to pregnancy or a serious medical issue.
- The presence of glucose in the urine could be a sign of diabetes or other serious problems with the blood sugar.
- If our technicians find nitrites or the products of bacteria as it breaks down in the urine, this could be a sign of a urinary tract infection.
- Microscopic analysis
- Our team will use microscopic analysis to check for a range of components that could signify an abnormal condition or illness, including crystals, yeast cells, specific gravity, bacteria, casts, parasites, or squamous cells.
- Abnormalities in the color of the urine can point to issues with medications, fluid balance, or diet. It can also indicate certain diseases.
- If the odor of the urine is particularly strong or unpleasant, our team may want to conduct further tests to find the cause.
- In particular, cloudiness can signify that bacteria, sperm, mucus, blood, or crystals are present, all of which could point to different conditions that may need to be tested further.